With summer just around the corner, the time has come to start preparing pools for the new season. AstralPool professionals recommend exercising caution and to start this process in spring. You will, therefore, be able to use your pool as soon as the bathing season starts. Initially, this procedure may seem costly, but the company’s professionals concur that if you have treated your pool over the winter, starting it up for the new season will be extremely straightforward.
Below, we will review the ten steps that you should follow so that your pool is ready for the summer.
1. Remove the cover, clean it thoroughly and leave it to dry in the open air. For safety, and to avoid the build-up of dirt and loss from evaporation, it is a good idea to continue using it until the summer.
2. Clean the pool’s filters using chemical products and check the state of the filter’s sand. If it is older than 3 years, change it.
3. Check that the skimmers, baskets, grating, overflow channel and other components built into the pool shell are in a good state of repair. Give them a high-pressure hose down.
4. To clean the surface of the pool shell, use non-aggressive cleaning materials, such as sponges or brushes. To avoid harsh scrubbing and potential damage to the walls, it is advisable to use scale removers.
5. Check that underwater light fittings such as spotlights and junction boxes are working.
6. To clean the pool floor, use a robotic pool cleaner. At this stage of the process, it is recommended that there be at least 40 cm of water in the pool.
7. Check the pool’s steps, springboards and diving boards. If they are in good condition, clean them and apply a polisher.
8. Refill the pool. To ensure that the water is in good condition, add a dose of dichloride granules or fast-acting chlorine tablets.
9. Remove germs, bacteria and contaminating waste using a shock treatment. This step may seem somewhat extreme, but it is the best way of preventing the appearance of algae and other organisms that cause bad odours and skin irritations.
10. Finally, test the water’s pH and check that it falls between 7.2 and 7.6, If it needs to be adjusted, add a pH reducer or enhancer.
By following these tips, you will be able to enjoy the wholesome benefits of swimming in crystal clear water when the summer comes.